LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two consecutive equal integers

In my program we enter a number of 9 digits and it should take every digit in that number and turn its corresponding light for 0.5 sec time difference between each digit. Im facing  problem when i enter a number that has two identical consecutive integers, the light stays turned on. for example if we enter 201002438   the program will turn on the light for the zero digit for 1 sec without turning off.  Can anyone help me please?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,783 Views)

Do you want to leave the lights on for the numbers that have already been pressed? If not you will need to do this in two steps one that reads the numbers one at a time and then sends the correct light on for the specified time. The next step would be to send all of the light back to false for a small amount of time and then process the next number.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,776 Views)

Something like this

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,772 Views)

duplicate post

Please keep the discussion in the original thread.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,769 Views)

Here is a slighly better way than what I orginally gave you. It is different than the design that you got on the other post but just as effective.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,753 Views)

Well, this is not exactly a duplicate post.  In this case the OP was a bit less subtle about the origin of the problem, I would say the filename of the posted VI is a BIG hint.  In the other thread, the filename is less suggestively named. 

Or I could be wrong and two different posters had the same problem on the same day...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,741 Views)

I think it's fairly obvious we're dealing with a homework hustler.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,730 Views)

While we are teaching here there is one more small addition that I would add that would make it so you could input a number of any length and the software would automacally handle it.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,717 Views)

@aeastet wrote:

While we are teaching here there is one more small addition that I would add that would make it so you could input a number of any length and the software would automacally handle it.

Are you teaching, or simply doing his (and the other fellow's homework)?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,704 Views)

He at least had something to start with. I have seen many others on here that simply stated a problem and demanded a solution. I would also like to believe that even if the OP doesn't learn from what I did that someone else may see something that they could use somewhere else. I see things on here occasionally that I never new before even if I didn't use it the was the OP was using it.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,695 Views)