LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tab in control

Hello,

I'm looking to create a control that I want to insert a tab control inside. Do you know a way to do it?

Thank you,
Message 1 of 18
(4,442 Views)

What kind of control are you trying to put the tab control inside of?

Is it a cluster?  You can't put a tab control inside a cluster.

If you can give us a better description of what you are trying to accomplish, we might be able to give you an idea of how to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(4,425 Views)

Sorry if I was unclear.

here's an example of what I want to accomplish. Suppose that I want to create a custom control with a tab control in it.  You can't add an anything in the tab control.  Is there a solution to do this?

screenshot.1.jpeg 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(4,420 Views)
Can't do that either. The reason is similar to why you can't put a tab inside a cluster. The tab doesn't act in the same way as a cluster. It's not a container of other controls in terms of datatypes. It's a visual container only. If you place a tab control and place a control on each page, you will see two terminals on the block diagram, not a tab "container". Thus, when you try to place a control inside a tab that's in a typedef you are essentially doing the same thing as placing two numeric controls on the front panel of the custom control that are not inside some logical container. This is not allowed.
Message 4 of 18
(4,415 Views)
I don't really want it to act like a cluster.  I only want to organize my front panel.  But, It would be easier to me to add it in the custom control.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(4,397 Views)

coolaid wrote:
I don't really want it to act like a cluster. 

Well, that's good, because you can't. Smiley Wink

I only want to organize my front panel.  But, It would be easier to me to add it in the custom control.

It would be, but due to the technical reasons I indicated above, you cannot do so. The tab control has to go on a VI, not on a custom control. It may work with an XControl, but I've never tried that. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(4,386 Views)

hi

I hav to export values acquired and intermediate values from labview to excel.I know it is using Write spreadsheet.vi.

But i got to connect all of these to a button.On pressing the button all the values connected to vi should be exported to a file in excel.How do i achieve this?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,856 Views)
You can use event structure for capturing button press. Inside that event write your code.
Aarthi
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,828 Views)

You could make a subVI that has a tab control in it. Then call the subvi in a sub panel. Tha would get you close to what you are looking for.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,820 Views)

@aeastet wrote:

You could make a subVI that has a tab control in it. Then call the subvi in a sub panel. Tha would get you close to what you are looking for.

Of course, if using a sub panel you don't need the tab at all- just load a different vi into the sub-panel based on program state and the darn messy tab problems don't exist!

Did I ever mention I HATE tab controls? Never found a reason that I HAD to use 'em either. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 10 of 18
(3,815 Views)