LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

searching for DSC controls

This problem started while I was debugging this problem. When I build my application (LV 2009) LV starts processing, then it cannot find the DSC controls (valves, pipes, 2D, 3D, etc.) Even after I click on one control it still needs to be pointed to each and every DSC control. It's more of an annoyance than a problem but it looks kind of clunky when the customer is looking over my shoulder. Smiley Surprised

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,644 Views)

Hi Paul,

Based on your explanation, it appears that LabVIEW has lost its references to the various VIs in your project. This would cause LabVIEW to "search" for everything, and if it can't find what it needs, ask you to point it in the right direction. To reset the references, please refer to the following link:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvdialog/find_missing_items_db/

You can also find this information in LabVIEW help by searching "Find Missing Items Dialog Box".

Please let me know if this does not correct the issue.

Kareem W.
National Instruments
Web Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,597 Views)

My program has not lost anything except locations to the DSC controls. Normally, if LV is looking for one or more vi's or controls, if you point it to the correct library or directory LV will find anything else that is "lost" in those respective libraries or directory. This is different. It always loses the DSC controls. And when I point to the correct control in the directory it's still lost when it looks for the next control in the same directory. And when I finally point to all of the controls and get a successful build and then save, it's lost again when I make the next build.

PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,583 Views)

Hi PaulG.

After you relink the paths to the DSC controls, are you selecting "Save" or "Save All"? With VIs whose paths are lost / updated, if you do not select "Save All", you will have to relink the paths next time because only "save all" saves the new paths.

Kareem W.
National Instruments
Web Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,565 Views)

I always "save all". But I tried it again to make sure and it still doesn't work. LV loses the DSC controls on the next build.

PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,541 Views)

I've been looking into this and have a few recommendations to try:

1. Repair the installation of the DSC Module in case corruption has occurred

2. Create a new project with a simple VI and 1 DSC control. Do you see the same issue when you try to build the app?

3. Copy everything from your current project into a new one and then try to build the application.

Kareem W.
National Instruments
Web Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,515 Views)