Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roughness filter on Labview

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author sylvainDCU

Go to Waveform Measurement and use the FFT Spectrum (Mag-Phase).vi

Then use a waveform data type instead of the dbl-array, set the dt value to the inverse of your frequency (as used in the filter). Also use the waveform for the filter.

You also have a spectral Measurement Express vi. But here the same applies: Use a waveform data type to have the timing information.

Felix

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,981 Views)

Hello,

I tried to do what you said, but i don't if It's good. I put my program in attachment, Can you say me if it's good or not ?

Thank you very much,

Sylvain

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,960 Views)

It is very hard to get much out of a word document. Please post your code instead. We understand you are a beginner so we will not hold some beginners mistake against you;)

Also before you send your VI go to Edit in the toolbar and select "Make current values default" Then save it. This way we will have all your data and settings

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,955 Views)

Hello,

Yes, It's right I am a beginner in Labview and I would like you help me because it's very important for my internship.

I put in attachment my VI program, and several data files. The names of the data files are the roughness (Ra) I should find theoritically.

Thank you very much for your help

Regards,

Sylvain

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,945 Views)
other data files
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,935 Views)

Hello,

What do you think about my filter, it s good or not ?

Sylvain

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,902 Views)

Hello,

What do you think about my filter, it s good or not ?

Sylvain

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,901 Views)
What do you think about my program, does it work or not ?
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,884 Views)

Hi Sylvain,

In your filter setting, you can set "window" input to "Hanning", "filter type" to "Lowpass". Then adjust the "Low Cut-off frequency" input, such as 25Hz, or 50Hz.

Beside the filter, you can also use the Cubic Spline Fit.vi. Please see attached VI.  Try to adjust the "balance parameter" of Cubic Spline Fit.vi, such as 1E-6, to see the change in "Profile of Roughness" graph.  I set the default value to 1E-7.

Regards, 

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,858 Views)

Hola, lo que necesito es un vi que mediate una adquisición de datos analogos de voltaje de un sensor de 4 cuadrantes, ya tengo las coordenadas X, Y y de ahi calcular la profundidad de la muestra mediante el desplazamiento del laser en el sensor y el algulo de incidencia. ¿Alguien pude ayudar?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,372 Views)