LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

radio buttons in pop up dialogue

can anyone please give some idea regarding making a customized file opening dialogue box.
actually i dont want a usual file opening dialogue to open for user to browze a file, instead i want a customized dialogue to appear in which some pre defined file names will be given for user to choose from, no access to directories and drives. in simple words i want a dialogue box to pop up in which some file names are given (maybe with radio buttons) from which user can select one and enter. and based on tht choice i will load the file from the disk in the program which will not be evident to the user.
it maybe simple to do but i jus cant think of a way at ths point, so will definetely appreciate some immediate help.
thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,568 Views)
easiest way's probably just write your own vi to do that, see attachments (run Main.vi when dialog.vi is closed)

See-Ming
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,555 Views)
Heres an example... You need to save two vis to your C:\ drive. One should be called File 1.vi and the other File 2.vi. Then you can select either of these fiels with the menu control on the front panel.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,542 Views)
thanks Fung for ur reply. m using LabView 7.1 thats y  having trouble opening ur file, its giving LabView load error 9.
Jaime thanks to u as well but teh thing is that i want these options to appear in a pop dialogue box. nonetheless i am trying to see how i can implement tht by looking at the file u sent, but if u cud help me in tht particular regard i will really appreciate it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,525 Views)
I saved it as 7.1 version, but not sure if you can open it

See-Ming
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,523 Views)
thanks alot Fung. no problem in opening it now, thats exactly the functionality i needed :). thanks again
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,501 Views)
Try these vis... Place all the files in the C:\ directory and run the Main.vi
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,495 Views)