LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

post processing the pulse signals

I want to do the following post processing for a digital square signal                                                              

1) How to get the time interval between two consecutive rising edges of a digital square signal                      

2) To provide an time selection option for user such that when a particular value of time is entered  the time interval values corresponding to that value should be stored in a array) (say 30 seconds then it should store all the time intervals for the 30 second duration)  and to plot each obtained time interval.

Can anyone explain a way to do this.          

Thanks.                                                                 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,266 Views)

For number 1, there is a VI in LV that will do pulse measurements. Do a search in the function palette.

I'm not clear what you mean in your point number 2.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,239 Views)

Sorry I think I didn’t explained point number2corrwectly but this is what I want to do

I want to have a box in the front panel such that the user can enter a value for example if the user enters 30seconds then all the time intervals (between two consecutive rising edges) obtained for every 30 seconds should be stored in a array and each time interval (obtained from two consecutive rising edges) should be plotted continuously.

Please let me know if it is still not clear.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,234 Views)

For point number1

I tried as shown in the image below but it is not showing the required (time interval)duration between two conescuitve rising edges of the pulses.

I need to get the duration(time interval) between two conescuitve rising edges of the pulses.

Can I know how to get this and store in an array.

thanks.Pulse_duration.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,220 Views)