LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple USB cameras in Labview

Could you post your vi, then l Could check it out....

Fakstory

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 47
(5,621 Views)

Use the MikeS81's VI. It works.

Otherwise, maybe you have problems with your webcams.

Marzero0.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 47
(5,608 Views)

You can download the VI from this link (the commercial Labview vis I mentioned).:

http://wareseeker.com/Software-Development/ivision-labview-toolkit-2.2.zip/239276

You can use them without registring but will be prompted to register each time.  Otherwise i think they are supposed to be functional.  Maybe one of you can see if you can get two cameras with no trouble.

As for mike's vi.  i did try it and couldnt get two cameras to work.  the trouble is that i want the program to select the cameras programmatically and automatically.  you may be right that i may be having some camera trouble particuarly to do with bandwidth but as i mentioned, using the camera's own native program/driver i can easily get two cameras showing images just in windows.  its labview that cannot seem to handle the same process.

All the best

Puya

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 47
(5,592 Views)

Hi,

I'm relatively new to LabVIEW and I am working on making an executable that will record video from all cameras connected to the target. Recording at 10 fps, and overlaying the time of the captured frame on the video. Any idea how I can do this without using NI-IMAQ drivers? (as this would add too much extra cost having to pay the NI-Vision runtime license per target).

As of now, making an executable that doesn't need IMAQ drivers and records video from the first USB camera found in the system with timestamp overlay would be enough.

Thanks for all the help.

Erick

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 47
(5,374 Views)

Hi Erick,

Unfortunately you have to have an NI-Vision runtime license on each of your target computers.  The following KnowledgeBase article gives guidance on how to do this:

Requirements for Computer Running an EXE Using NI-IMAQ for USB Functions

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3EB8C8AFC1593B4A8625712E0002869B?OpenDocument

Nick Keel
Product Manager - NI VeriStand and Model Interface Toolkit
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 47
(5,343 Views)

Hi Nick,

Maybe I didn't make myself very clear on the answer I am looking for. So, I'll explain in more detail now. Mike's program captures the image from USB webcams connected to a computer without using IMAQ drivers. I want to modify his program to record the captured images into a video file, and also want to overlay the time at which the frame was captured on the video itself. The problem is I do not know how to modify Mike's VIs to make this happen, and also want to adapt his program to record from all "recording devices" that are connected to the computer at the same time, keeping a recording rate of 10fps.

I have worked with IMAQ for USB cameras before and made it work just fine with one camera. But I cannot use IMAQ for my project as I will need to record from several cameras (USB, FW, or any other) at the same time, not just from one.

Thanks in advance,

Erick

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 47
(5,330 Views)

Hi Erick,

you have to send another message if you want to capture a video. You'll find more information about it at msdn. I will also search for this part, i should already have this function. I'll post it, as fast as possible.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 47
(5,324 Views)

I'd like to know if there is a way to use the previous .vi posted on the forum and somehow manipulate it to capture 4 images from 4 different USB cameras. I tried copying and pasting the .vi and running both parts in one loop, but that did not work. Any suggestions.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 47
(4,360 Views)

Hi Angiras,

sure there is. Can you please show your modified version?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 47
(4,355 Views)

Thanks for the quick reply. I've attached the .vi below. The main .vi is called WebCam.Example03

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 47
(4,342 Views)