LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mfsk Digital modulation and demodulation

I'm having problem doing a MFSK which critera are enter binary bit and able to produce different frequencies and able to show "combined" waveform of different frequency. at least 8-ary FSK (MFSK) . Hope some one can help me to create such .VI file. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,623 Views)

What hardware are you using. Also see this. There is also a BaseBand Developers kit available.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,615 Views)

Good morning my friend, sorry if i misleading you as english is my weakest language. 🙂 Actually i just need a simulate wave form of MFSK with controllable integer in labview 6.8. (kind of old ver heheh.. lol) criteria as below.: Just able to click run any show the modulated wave form. (combined of 8 different frequencies) (digital will be good) I attached an analog style of mfsk (failure circuit) 

8-ary FSK

show square wave with controllable binary

show 8-FSK sine wave tally to the binary when controlling the square wave. (meaning modulated wave form)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,608 Views)

no hardware required. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,607 Views)

You have shown what you have tried.  What is the problem?  Your VI appears to show a phase modulation.  Please ask a specific question rather than just hoping someone can guess what you want.

For frequency or phase modulation typically the modulating frequency is several orders of magnitude lower than the carrier frequency.  Yours are about the same.

There are multiple FSK systems.  Are you trying to simulate a particular one or just a generic MFSK?  Does your result need to be phase coherent?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,573 Views)

hi, i'm glad to see your reply. I need a simulated vi which able to show Q-FSK wave form will do. Able me to key in binary and run to show comparing of square waveform and Q-fsk waveform. Hope you can create one VI for me. Thanks. You can assign any frequency for any of the 4 combi, ' 00, 01, 10, 11' .  I see my textbook it shows A*cos(2*pi*fi)  Not sure abt the FSK fomular.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,560 Views)

Try a brute force method: Create Q sine waves of different frequencies. Examine bits. Select frequency. Append to output.  QFSK.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,532 Views)

good idea Lynn but i new to labview. So kind of hard to create such VI and not sure which component to use. 😞  How do we add in coherent error as you mention in the previous reply? Are you able to create a complete VI for me? I'm so lost.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,527 Views)

Most of us who participate in the Forums are volunteers who have other full time jobs.  So we do not have time to write code for you. We will try to help you learn how to do it yourself.

First take a few hours to work through the on-line tutorials.  Then look at the examples to see if you can find some which are similar to what you want to do.  After that, try to make a VI.  If it does not work, post it and ask specific questions about your problems.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,522 Views)

Hi forumer, just to check if you guys could help me on a simple MFSK simulation.

ojbective - input binary code ( 00 01 10 11) and output as a MFSK modulated waveform.

would appreciated if anyone could lent a helping hand on this matter

regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,500 Views)