From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lvmerge options

Hi,

My team has been working with LVMerge.exe for a while.  I wish to disable "auto-resolve" as a default, instead of unchecking it after loading.  Disabling block diagram cosmetic changes would also be nice.  Every time we change the options in LVMerge, it does not remember these settings on the next load.

Is it possible to make LVMerge remember the settings?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,995 Views)

Mike:

I looked into it, and unfortunately, the default option cannot be reconfigured. That would be an excellent idea for a feature request, however. If you're willing, I'd recommend putting in a suggestion in the NI Product Suggestion Center.

Caleb Harris

National Instruments | Mechanical Engineer | http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,945 Views)

Hi Mike,

Did you ever get an answer to this?

Thanks,

Doug

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,807 Views)

Hello Doug,

I was able to find the product suggestion that Mike created, you can find that here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/LVMerge-Configurable-Load-Options/idi-p/1282252

There are quite a few product suggestions for LVMerge on the LabVIEW Idea Exchange, such as this one.  Unfortunately, the suggestion posted by Mike doesn't appear to have gotten all that much attention.  You could try using the most recent version of the tool to see if the behavior is different.  

Patrick
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,782 Views)

Hi Patrick,

I found this while I was looking at LV Compare.  Apparently, there are "Hidden Functions" (you guys aren't telling us everything) and this one escaped NI.  It will actually do a better job fo my application.  It would be nice to have something like this for LVMerge though.

Thanks,

Doug

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,775 Views)