LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview web browser doesn't show display

Hi! l am having problem displaying the web page in my labview front panel. Anyone got solution to it?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,421 Views)

Are you trying to launch IE in a separate window or display it on LabVIEW front panel? Your code seems to do the former. Just make sure that the reference wired to the Invoke Node is correct. You can download and try this example for reference.

For the later case, you can use the ready-made ActiveX Container for Web Browser in the .NET & Active X pallette, as seen below.

Web Browser ActiveX

Then on the block diagram simply use the property or invoke node you need. Here is an example to simply navigate to a URL:

2013-11-22 Web Browser ActiveX.png

There is also a downloadable example for this method. Complete description of the properties and methods you can use is available in MSDN.

Finally, ensure that you have internet connection Smiley Wink

Regards,

A. Yodha

NI Singapore

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,369 Views)

Hi Yodha,

where do you got that ".Net & ActiveX" palette from?

I can't find it in LV2011 nor is it mentioned in the online LV2013 help...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,359 Views)

Hi GerdW,

The .Net & ActiveX palette is mentioned in LV2013 Help: "Creating ActiveX Subpalette". The directory in my PC is at [installed directory of LabVIEW 2013]\menus\Controls\DotNet & ActiveX (the same path as in the article).

It is also mentioned in LV2011 Help by the same title.

Looks like the ActiveX Web Browser container I mentioned above can be made using the tool shown in above link, but I am certain that I have never used that to create the subpalette.

Regards,

A. Yodha

NI Singapore

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,354 Views)

Hi Yodha,

aaahhh, it's no palette provided by NI, but I have to populate it on my own. That's why I didn't find it...

Thanks, I learned something new today!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,339 Views)