LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

im doing my final year project here and i need help- karasi

Solved!
Go to solution

Ok. Thanks for the information. Lets say I would want to jus bring out 4 graphs and connect them to 4 different buttons. How do I go about connecting them, so that they'll overlap each other as their respective buttons are clicked. Eg. if Button 1 is clicked, the graph 1 should come out. & if Button 2 is clicked after that, graph 2 should over lap it.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 48
(921 Views)

You can drag the graphs to any position you want and can also use the align button the toolbar. You could make each one visible/invisible with a property node.

If you think this is important, I would strongly disagree. Your first task is to talk to your hardware, get the data, and perform whatever control it might need. When that is done, you can make things look pretty.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 48
(918 Views)

I'm trying to get my basic interface up. My supervisor asked me to get the graphs and the buttons working first before talking about hardware.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 48
(915 Views)

I would recomend that you use the event structure as the basis for the user interface. There are examples that come with LabVIEW.

Message 24 of 48
(904 Views)

Can someone explain to me what is going on in this program. I need to understand this. Whether the connection is correct or wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 48
(892 Views)

Its not a program at all... What you want to do?... Make it clear... I dont find any sense in doing that... There is nothing good to understand... Without knowing what your problem is how can be said right or wrong?????

I have attached a very simple VI to use a chart... you can see how can the buttons be used...

Smiley Wink

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 48
(887 Views)

I can't load your file. Because my labview version in my campus computer is 7.1

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 48
(881 Views)

Ok please post it to Downconvert VI thread.. Sorry i can't convert it to 7.1...

Smiley Wink

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 48
(875 Views)

@karnan wrote:

Can someone explain to me what is going on in this program. I need to understand this. Whether the connection is correct or wrong.

The connections are VERY wrong and you seem to be misunderstanding some basic concepts here.  What you did was stack 4 graphs on top of each other and then you wired a boolean switch to the X-axis of each.  That makes no sense at all. 

Do you understand what XY data is and how to make a graph to visualize it?  Generally it shows how some variable changes with respect to time.  You have no data at all to graph yet. 

Despite what your supervisor says, there is NO reason to stack graphs on top of each other and make them visible one at a time with buttons.  Display ALL the graphs ALL the time. Worry about writing the code that collects and displays useful information in them.  Not cosmetic fluff!  That comes at the end of your project IF you have the time. Smiley Wink

Check out the examples here:  Help > Find Examples...   Fundamentals > Graphs and Charts > XY Graph.vi (and Waveform Graph.vi).  If the examples are confusing to you, you may need to study the LabVIEW Basics tutorials:  http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/labviewbasics/

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 48
(856 Views)

I need an explanation on case structure dealing with graphs. I've been trying to bring out the graph using a case structure but when it runs, it changes the graphs on its own, not when the buttons are clicked. The values are not important now though. So please do not say that I did not include any values. Please do not shoot me with your comments because I am really trying my hardest to learn this software as fast as I can. And it's getting more difficult as I try. Thanks .  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 48
(795 Views)