LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ignore objects touching annulus

Hello together,

I want that all rectangles touching annulus should removed, that means these rectangles aren't usable for the program.

Please see the attached image.

Many thanks in advance

Greetings 

LV2012

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,181 Views)

What have you tried so far? People here will help you solve your problem but they wont do the work for you

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,156 Views)

@zäpfle wrote:

Hello together,

I want that all rectangles touching annulus should removed, that means these rectangles aren't usable for the program.

Please see the attached image.

Many thanks in advance

Greetings 

LV2012

The picture really reminds of a wafer.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,147 Views)

Hi Akiel

I don't want that people do me work and if someone have a solution I will never forget to give kudos.

and now back to the important thinks:

I took this picture with a camera. The target is only a checkerboard pattern (you can see it in the picture). I attached the program. This work is my attempt, but I have no idea, how I can delete the objects, which touching the annulus (for example objects 3,9,16,24).

I hope someone has a idea or a approach, so that I can try to solve the problem. 

Thanks in advance

Greetings zäpfle

LV2012

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,104 Views)

@zäpfle wrote:

Hi Akiel

I don't want that people do me work and if someone have a solution I will never forget to give kudos.

and now back to the important thinks:

I took this picture with a camera. The target is only a checkerboard pattern (you can see it in the picture). I attached the program. This work is my attempt, but I have no idea, how I can delete the objects, which touching the annulus (for example objects 3,9,16,24).

I hope someone has a idea or a approach, so that I can try to solve the problem. 

Thanks in advance

Greetings zäpfle

LV2012

When you find the rectangles, can you obtain some sort of "match/accuracy/area" value?

For rectangles that is intersected by the outline circle, that match would probably be worse than those fully inside.

Threshold those values and normalise based on for example the area of the rectangle.

Remove the rectangles below the threshold value.

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,095 Views)

Sorry, but I don't really understand the way with the threshold.

The program find the rectangles (with the properties: Object center, Bounding Box etc.) and the circle (with Center, radius etc.)

If I could indentify the rectangles, which intersected by the outline circle, I could delete this rectangles. Unfortunately I don't know a solution.

greeting zäpfle

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,081 Views)

Hi Peter,

still you don't understand the problems with crossposts!

You already were given a possible solution! Did you try that idea given in the German forum?

For English readers:

As Peter knows the center of the boxes and also the center/radius of the circle he could easily calc the distance of each box to the circumference. Then it's an easy decision...

As he also knows the bounding box of each rectangle he could just check for outlying points: if any of the bounding box points is outside the circle the rectangle intersects the circumference!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 7 of 7
(3,071 Views)