From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to split audio data into frames after reading it from a file

Solved!
Go to solution

hi im a final year student doing my project in voice recognition using labview. could someone help me with how to split a audio data file into frames to do further processing.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,678 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author abhianu

You could read wav files in to LabVIEW using these VI's: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvpict/sfilevis/ Once you have read them, split the waveform in to frames of your choice.

Before you come back to report about not enough memory, please read this: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/not-enough-memory-to-plot-wav-file/m-p/754592

Search for more results: http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/global/lang/en/pg/1/ps/30/q/wav%20file/

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,670 Views)

i hav read the audio data from a wave file.. i just needed to split the data into frames. because only in shor duration the signal properties remains constant.. could u pls help me split the audio data into frames..

supposing i hav around 186500 samples i need to separate those samples into 20 or 25 frames to do my further processing...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,657 Views)

hi i am a final year student doing my project in activity detection module for ppg signal using labview.can u plz help me how to split a ppg signal into frame to do further processing

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,358 Views)
What does your question have to do with this thread about audio signals. Please start a new thread with some details and the code you have.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,323 Views)

hi i m doing my final year project for activity detection module for ppg signal.In that very first i have to divide no of samples(10000) into frames.could any one help me by showing the code for it..

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,288 Views)

hi i m doing project on activity detction module for ppg signal.In that I want to compute the energy profifile of ppg signal using kaiser teager operator from each frame and after that i want to calculate the mean,variance,interquartile range,skewness from the computed kaiser teager energy.could anyone plz anyone help me how to code this since i am new to labview i dont know the basic ideas regarding it.so plz help.......

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,251 Views)

hello, I'm sorry but I felt the need to express to you how useless answers like these are to people learning the program, and how people like you are the reason AI's like we have today are so important. To answer questions without stupid gatekeeping rules and impatient smart people who have nothing better to do than remind newbies of the rules and how little they know. Answer the question, or get a life.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(973 Views)