LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with clusters

Hello all,

I'm working on a program where I'm writing the value in the left and right control into a cluster with the increment of the y value ( 0 to 5 or  5 to 0)and at the same time checking the tolerance to change the text color.The way I'm checking the numeric text color change is going through the whole 4X6 cluster size and checking each and every thing. I'm wondering if there is any other better and faster way to do the color change where it does one column at a time? as I need to increase the cluster size to 11x6 and I'm sure it will add my processing time. Please provide me with your inputs.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,609 Views)

Hi gsajja,

atleast you could "defer panel updates" while setting all the properties in the loop... This will greatly help with processing all the UI updates!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,600 Views)

GerdW,

Could you please elaborate as how to defer panel updates as I'm new to LV?

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,595 Views)

You have a single cluster that contains all of your controls.  It just so happens to be arranged in a 2-D fashion.  If you want to work on it a column at a time, you are going to need to reorganize your cluster.  Have an array of clusters.  Or a cluster of clusters where each of the lower level cluster is a single column.

Why are you showing this in clusters at all?  Why not have a 2-D array of your lowest level cluster which is the left right cluster.  Then you can iterate through the whole array, or just a single row or column, as needed.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,594 Views)

Your code is not shocking Smiley Happy

Change the cluster size from 4x6 to 11x6 will not change drastically the behaviour and the resource consumption.

Did you implement a mean to see the time needed to operate the state?

In general, to optimize large changes of interface object properties, you can use the property node 'Panel Defer Updates' on before your action then off after. 

DeferPanelUpdates.jpg

Message Edité par J.DECHET le 01-15-2010 05:07 PM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,586 Views)

I tried with my PC (still 2 Quad CPU, 2.40GHz & 3.25Go of RAM) and 'Defer Panel Updates' is not really determining => 17ms to operate with or without.

So as I said, your quantity of data is not sufficient to be disturbing...

Message Edité par J.DECHET le 01-15-2010 05:15 PM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,570 Views)

J.Dechet-

thanks for your input. I was only worried if adding more rows and columns would hamper its processing time or in other words do not have to go through the whole cluster to change the numerical text colors.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,564 Views)