LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generate signal using function generator

I have to send a signal to the MTS 407 Controller through a DAQ card..

Can i use function generator.vi to send signal to the controller..

can anyone help me on this..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,303 Views)

Hi abhishek,

- the manual for that controller mentions some remote control via serial connection. You may use this to send values to the controller.

- When you want to simulate sensors, you can connect your DAQ card to the sensor input of the controller. (In that case you can use a function generator in LabVIEW.)

- The controller has a built-in function generator. You surely can control that one by serial connection as mentioned above.

You really should provide more / specific information on your actual problem to get better help!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,302 Views)

Thanks a lot GredW.

to be more clear on this-----

i should send a signal(torque or Displacement) to the Actuator

Actuator is controlled by MTS 407 Controller..and i'm using a DAQ card(analog in/out)..

so what ever signal i'm sending to the controller should be continuous and

from the analog in,i get a corresponding response signal which i use for monitoring.. 

Can you help on the sgnal generation part of it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,291 Views)

You seem to be asking the same question over and over and over again. You were told to refer to the DAQmx examples that come with LabVIEW. If you truly followed that suggestion, you need to be specific about what example you are having trouble with. If you did not follow the suggestion, why haven't you tried one of them? You just can't keep saying 'need help' when you have been given help and you just start a new thread.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,274 Views)

Sorry for it..

i found some examples in signal generation..right now i dont have hardware with me..so can i know that is there anyway to test that signal is generating to the DAQ..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,249 Views)