LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dll timing in development environment

I have a VI that uses a dll to communicate with a USB HID device.  I created it several years ago so I don't recall if I had this problem, but I suspeact that I did not.  Between the send packet and receive packet calls there is a 20ms wait.  Now when I am in the development environment I have to increase the wait to 210ms or I get no data from the receive packet.  Using a USB monitor program I can see that the PC receives the up packet from the device 63ms after the down packet is sent.  The receive packet has a 5000ms timeout.  If I build an exe with the 20ms wait, it works fine.  It must have worked before in the dev mode or I never would have tried to build an exe with it.  I am confused.  The original work was probably done in LV2011, but I no longer have access to that computer to test it.

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,812 Views)

Hello, 

Has anything changed for USB HID? Did the instrument change physically or update the DLL that you are using? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,739 Views)

Hi Roxana,

No, this is the same dll and HID I got ~4 years ago.  The only thing that has changed as far as I know is that I have saved the VI for LV2013.  Unfortunately I was not smart enough to archive it before that. 

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,718 Views)