LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO/ NI MAX

Hello everybody. I am using cRIO 9074 and I have installed LabView 2015 with Real-Time and FPGA module, also I have installed Device drivers and drivers from the cRIO CD (for this one I couldn't change the location of the installation as I could for the others and place it into the LabView folder). So, the problem is that I can't see my device in the NI MAX software (in the Device and interface card - you can see the printscreen in the attachment). I have connected my cRIO with my laptop via crossover ethernet cable on Ethernet port 1. Can someone help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,144 Views)

Hi brian,

there clearly is a cRIO9074 connected to your computer - listed under "Remote systems"! (I can even read it's serial number!)

Did you read the manual on how to start with a cRIO? Do you know how to initialize the cRIO with the needed software?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,139 Views)

I have the manual but I can't find anything for help. What do you mean by ''initialize the cRIO with the needed software"? It is the first time I use cRIO and LabView.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,113 Views)

Hi brian,

What do you mean by ''initialize the cRIO with the needed software"?

Click on "Software". You will find options to install software on your CRIO.

Background: the cRIO comes more or less "naked" and in the first step you need to install LabVIEW core routines and drivers on your target.

It is the first time I use cRIO and LabView.

Then you should read all the manuals you got and the beginner tutorials offered by NI on their website!

Start with ni.com/compactrio !

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,104 Views)

Did you start a LabVIEW project to write a VI to run on the cRIO yet?  Did you install software onto the cRIO?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,102 Views)

I didn't start to write a project to run on the cRIO, I just wanted to see the IP of the controller because I am trying to make a project similar to this one: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-41659#comment-49972

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,095 Views)

@brian91 wrote:

I just wanted to see the IP of the controller...

Then select the cRIO under the "Remote Systems".  There will be a tab on the bottom for network settings.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,089 Views)

Click on "Software". You will find options to install software on your CRIO.

I have tried to add software on my cRIO but it shows me an error: "The selected target does not support this function", you can see it in the attachment. What does it mean?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,055 Views)

i think it is very hard to troubleshoot what you are doing ...

i would suggest to use the NI support for this (i assume you have support, since you bought a crio and stuff)

but as the others suggested work through the guides first.

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,042 Views)