LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arbitrary waveform with hp33120

Hello

I've to do a program in LabView which will make an arbitrary waveform using hp33120a generator.
The program should work like that :
1. first we have to make an arbitrary graph and save it in a txt file with X and Y attributes.
2. Then upload the file to Labview program
3. The program should show the plot on the osciloskope using hp33120 generator.

I've got some libraries

hp33120a.llb
agxxx.llb

And in that libraries are a lot of vi files to work with arbitrary waveforms, which show a lot of functions of arbitrary waveforms.

But how to connect the Vi files to make one program, which will do the second and third things from above.

Help me please, because i don't have any ideas to make that program.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,968 Views)
Hey Marek,

The first 2 steps are easy. After you have the file, in X and Y data, you can use the read from spread sheet VI.

I would recommend using a graphical indicator to verify that the results are what you expect.

From there, you would use GPIB commands to instruct you hp33120a generator.

From there, it would be dependant on what your instrument is capable of. You would need to send it the correct set of commands (based on the user manual) and try to manipulate it so that it outputs the correct graph.

If you're interested, creating an arbitrary waveform would be possible using a DAQ card because you would be able to output the waveform onto the card, point by point.

Good luck!

Regards,

Nick D.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,946 Views)