From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activex property right click help

Let me try to explain my problem again with more detail. I need to right click on an ActiveX property node, an example "FormFields (Index)" a variant, to find out how the value is setup for a drop down box in MS Word 2007. Help for ActiveX does properties do not show up from the context menu, although the property is clear listed on the menu, "Help for Item",  the second string of properties from the left.

ActiveX Help not shown.png

I discovered the "Item" is just a number that lists all Formfields in the Word document. Its used to select a Formfield but I was not able to bring up the simple help to inform me of the use.

Don't start ranting duplicate msg please.... An IE glitch prevented me from replying to post http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/activex-property-right-click-help/td-p/1283920 and page wound up creating a new posting....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,488 Views)

I just want to clarify, when you right-click on the property node and select Help for the specific property, you want to get the help from Microsoft Word?

Brandon Treece

Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,460 Views)

No. I want to get help on the ActiveX property, identical to how I get help on a FP control property. Put an ActiveX property on your BD, right click for help on that property, I get nothing (no help pop-up).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,444 Views)

Hi Richjoh, 

The reason that you are not seeing the help is because LabVIEW does not have the help files for Microsoft ActiveX properties.  LabVIEW includes the help files for LabVIEW properties, but not third party items.  In this case, it would be beneficial if that help menu was hidden.  If you think that this is something that that should be changed in LabVIEW, feel free to make your comments at www.ni.com/ideas.

Brandon Treece

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,419 Views)