cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zebra Industrial USB printer with Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am new to LabView, I want to print the ZPL code which I modified using some function inside Labview. I use Windows 10 and Zebra Printer Zt411, connected using a USB cable. 

However, I only saw the COM port option when using the VISA function. Please guide how can I manage this using a USB port. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,132 Views)

I use this .net dll to write ZPL code to a printer directly. 
https://github.com/rkone/sharpzebra

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,118 Views)

Have you tried a Web search for "labview zebra printer usb"?  When I did, I found this NI Knowledge Article .

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,102 Views)

I would say that, that knowledge Article is plain wrong. 
I have never ever seen a zebra printer that pr default is installed as a COM port. 

Message 4 of 7
(1,088 Views)

There are other links on the Web (and on the Knowledge Article i referenced) that point out other references to running Zebra printers in LabVIEW.  It appears (to me) that the main difference is that once you establish the Serial Connection, you just need to know the ZPL commands and how they work (Format into String might be your Friend, here) to get the Printer to do what you'd like it to do ...  But the answers do appear to be available on the Web, in the Forums, etc.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,082 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author waghsamarth@gmail.com

This is the method I use and it works great.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/A-working-label-printer-in-labview-on-Windows10/m-p/3699049#M104021...

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,077 Views)

Thank you. It worked fine. I need to make sure that the user has basic cmd permissions. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(868 Views)