LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weibull fit

Solved!
Go to solution
Does anyone have a VI that can fit data to a Weibull distribution?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,801 Views)

Use "Nonlinear Curve Fit" from the "mathematics..fitting" palette.

Create a model function VI that calculates the distribution for a given set of parameters according to the template. Check the online help for details.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,789 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author brogle

Here's a quick draft (LabVIEW 8.5). Seems to work pretty well given reasonable initial estimates.

Message Edited by altenbach on 12-18-2008 12:06 AM
Download All
Message 3 of 7
(5,777 Views)
Yes, that works very well--thanks for the help!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,746 Views)

Hello Mr. Brogle,

Hope you are fine.

Please mark altenbach's post as solution to your problem. You can unmark a solution by clicking on the options menu at the top right corner of your post and mark altenbach's post as solution. Hope i understand why i am telling this to you.

Thanks,

Mathan

Message 5 of 7
(5,728 Views)

Hello,

I have a followup question to this very old topic. In your example the parameters of the weibull distribution are estimated via a Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm which tries to minimize the sum of least squares.

However usually most ststistics programs use the maximum likelihood method to estimate the parameters of the distribution (see e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_likelihood)

Is there any package available which can estimates the parameters using this method?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,371 Views)

Hi there,

There isn't a probability toolkit available for LabVIEW. For that you have to programmatically do it .

regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,346 Views)