LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to connect an Analog front end with my LabView but  it stops communicating with the device after some time randomly. I have been trying since a long time but could not figure out why?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,726 Views)
Surely you can provide more information than that. You haven't attached a VI or snippet. You haven't said what this front end is. You haven't said how you connecting to it. You haven't said what the error message is.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,714 Views)

This sounds like an intermittent problem. Have you tried the magic delay fairy?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,682 Views)

@Gregory wrote:

This sounds like an intermittent problem. Have you tried the magic delay fairy?

Seriously? Magic Delay Fairy!  Usually bad advice!

Dennis offered better advice- show us some code! explain what the external instrument is. Have you read the manual for that device? and can you provide a link?  

Help us Help you!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,667 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Notice the date that the magic delay fairy was announced 😛

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,653 Views)

@Gregory wrote:

Hi Jeff,

Notice the date that the magic delay fairy was announced 😛

Actually, I've been working on getting Norm to present that to my local LUG!  I did view the original presentation as a "Fly-on-the-wall" 

None of that helps the Original Poster.  We need to see some code and have information on the VISA Resource (But we CAN have a bit of fun up here too)  Keep posting!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,645 Views)

This is an analog front end AFE4403 to which I am trying to communicate by invoking its registers and commands. The communication randomly stops responding . I suspect that there is an issue with the way I am closing the session.Capture4.PNG

I am sometimes getting an error 0xBFFF0072.Capture.PNG

I am trying to verify the serial port sessions using realterm too, but its not helping much!

Any suggestions would be really helpful!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,616 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mysticdust
The error will occur when you have another program using the same port.

The image does not help much since the important stuff is inside the subVI.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,607 Views)

I recommend putting a wait inside inside the while loop that writes to your device (or even better, use an event structure).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,569 Views)