LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI shown as broken but LabVIEW does not identify where the error is

I pick up a LabVIEW project from another developer who is not in a position to help. The main VI is broken and LabVIEW (both 2017 and 2015 environments) shows several sub-VI’s that are broken (not executable) in the Error List.

Now at the broken sub-VI’s level, clicking the broken arrow points back to the same broken sub-VI in the Error List (LV should show where the error is in this VI instead!). Also, clicking on each individual lower level sub-VI of the broken sub-VI… LV shows that all the lower level sub-VI's are good. WHY?

Has anyone ever run into this issue? I am a new LabVIEW user (1 year).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,093 Views)

Hi Dan,

why don't you attach your VI?

Or, at the very least, show an image of the error dialog?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,075 Views)

Hi GerdW

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought about doing the same thing. Here is a zip file that contains 6 screenshots for the following actions:

1. 1-main-vi-Capture: Main VI – broken
2. 2-error-list-Capture: Error List showing where the errors are for Main VI
3. 3-sub-vi-broken-Capture: Front panel of the 1st broken sub-VI
4. 4-pointing-to-same-sub-vi-Capture: Double click on broken error brings back to the same VI in the Error List
5. 5-sub-vi-broken-block-diagram-Capture: Block diagram of 1st broken sub-VI… I made sure the STOP condition is taken care of for all cases
6. 6-lower-level-sub-vi-good-Capture: Double click on the lower level sub-VI shows that each one of them is good

Best regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,052 Views)

Hi dan,

images of frontpanels are pretty senseless…

The only interesting part is that error message about those dynamic dispatch VIs of classes in image 2: you need to debug all your class hierarchy!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,043 Views)