From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a wiimote with LabVIEW

Hi JohannS,

I have a question, i'm trying to make the wiimote work with the dll file, with LabWindows, but i'm not good enough 😞

Can you help me with this ?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 220
(12,778 Views)
Here is an update to the existing Wiimote VIs.

Changes:
*Added support for rumble feature
*Updated VI icons

NOTE: These are the VIs that were used in some of the NIWeek 2007 demos controlled by wiimote's.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 220
(12,724 Views)
Boy I never even thought of interfacing a Wiimote and Labview.  Nice.  I'm going to play with this sometime quick, I've got an extra Wiimote.
(12,708 Views)
There is a known issue when using multiple wiimote controllers and for loops. The Wiimote VI's were originally developed so that each wiimote will have a unique instance of the Wiimote Get <Function> VI. This is demonstrated by the first diagram highlighted in green. Using for loop to get data from multiple wiimotes will result in only the first wiimote being correctly configured to return data. This is demonstrated by the second diagram highlighted in red.

In order to get data from multiple wiimote's, ensure that each wiimote has a seperate instance of the query functions.

Message Edited by JohannS on 08-13-2007 02:23 PM

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 220
(12,693 Views)

JohannS,

do you have a copy of the Wiimote VIs that are LV8.0 compatible?  Sounds like some cool stuff!

Jim

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 220
(12,678 Views)
Jim,

Here are the LabVIEW 8.0 version of the Wiimote VI's. Please note that I merely saved the LabVIEW 8.2.1 VIs for a previous version. While the VIs should work just fine, I have not tested the wiimote functionality under LabVIEW 8.0.

Let me know if you have any issues,

JohannS
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 220
(12,654 Views)

Thanks Johanns,

I'll give them a try tonight!

Jim

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 220
(12,650 Views)

I don't suppose it would be possible to save the wiimote viis so that they can be opened in version 7.1 of labview?

Cheers,

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 220
(12,596 Views)
I was also wondering if someone could explain how to integrate these files properly with labview. Specifically, how does one use the .dll file with labview (8.2).

I hope to use these vi's as a basis for a school project. Thanks for any help.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 220
(12,446 Views)
I used the "Call Library Function" node to call the wiimote.dll and no errors are caused from that but when the "Wiimote Get Acceleration Calibration" node is activated in the Useage.vi example it spits out an error code. How can i fix this problem? Am I calling the .dll incorrectly? The wiimote is definately communicating with my computer via bluetooth so I'm not sure whats wrong. Thanks for any help.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 220
(12,338 Views)