LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDP on PXI causing errors

Hello all,

I have been using a UDP communication architecture between a Host PC (windows XP) and my PXI RT target (Labview 7.1).  It has been working fine up to now.  The packet size that I am sending has grown somewhat, from about 2kB to 5kB.  When I did this the UDP Write block running on the PXI target would return error 66, "Network connection reset by peer", and no data goes across.  I investigated this further and found that this will happen if the UDP packet size is larger that 4096 bytes.  However, when run on a windows machine, no error is occurs.

This error message seems rather odd, since I don't believe it is possible for a peer to close a UDP connection.  Also, if I do not feedback the error signal, subsequent UDP write blocks perform fine (packets smaller than 4096 bytes).  Anyone ever run into this before?

Thanks,
Jesse Hopkins
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,247 Views)
UDP can be limited in size, it is not the same in all stacks !
We also bumped in the 4096 boundary once
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,244 Views)
I have fixed this problem by installing LabVIEW RT 7.1.1, and changing the C:\ni-rt.ini file to add the key "SendBufferSize = 65535" as described here: http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niepd_web_display.display_epd4?p_guid=EF2BC05789697405E0340003BA7CCD71

Jesse
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,235 Views)