LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timestamp Scan From String misbehaves, part 2

Here is another unexpected (and annoying) behavior with Scan From String used for timestamps : the error management is really poor. Sometimes you really have to know if you get the data you expect (if the user is providing a file in the appropriate format), so you'd like to know if a conversion from string failed because of invalid input data. This is handled correctly for all scan format except for timestamps, as shown below (LabVIEW 2001 SP1) :

Front Panel.gif

Of course one can design specific code that looks for exceptions in this particular case, but it would be much more easy (and reliable) to have the same behavior for timestamps as for other conversions...

Anyone at NI ready to consider this as a to-be-fixed bug ? CAR # ?

Vincent

Message 1 of 3
(2,503 Views)

Hello Vincent,

thank you for your bug report. I created a CAR with the number 355936. If I hear about a workaround I will let you know.

Regards,

Georg

Message 2 of 3
(2,460 Views)

CAR 355936 discussed in this thread has been fixed in LabVIEW 2013. For a more complete list of bugs fixed in LabVIEW 2013, check the LabVIEW 2013 Bug Fixes. You can download an evaluation copy of LabVIEW 2013 at http://www.ni.com/trylabview/ or if you have an earlier version of LabVIEW installed and an active SSP subscription, you will be able to download the latest version of LabVIEW through NI Update Service.

Jeff Peacock

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,366 Views)