LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thorlabs .Net Gain Setting

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using a Thorlabs DCC3260M Monochrome Camera. I admit I am not great with .net . I am trying to figure out how to set the gain. I can get a property node to show a "gain" property. But it gives (or wants the input of) a reference. I am not finding the way to connect this to a front panel object. I included a screen shot of a portion of their "simple live.vi" which as it suggests is a simple quick start for acquisition. It does everything else like frame rate etc...

How do I get a front panel slider connected to the .net functions so i can set the gain?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,242 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shredderofmass2

If it's like the UC480, you have to drop a couple more property nodes to get at the actual gain setting. Like this:

Capture.PNG

Message 2 of 5
(2,221 Views)

Yes, this is exactly it. For posterity, do this after the camera is initialized, put the code he shows here into the live acquisition loop. Works great.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,214 Views)

Ok, I am lost again. I don't suppose you have a quick and dirty way to convert the image to an imaq image or an array so I can use it with the rest of our imaq code?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,197 Views)

It's been a while since I have worked with a Thorlabs camera, but I believe they display everything with LabVIEW picture controls. If that's what you're using, you can try this one to convert the picture into an array of data.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,194 Views)