From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting "Scale Objects While Resizing" programmatically (possible bug)

I need to be able to set "Scale Objects While Resizing" on a pane while running a vi.  Is there a way to do this?  I looked through the invoke and property nodes and didn't see anything.

I know it doesn't inherently make sense for this to be programmatically accessible, but if you ever call “Pane->Set Scaling(No Scaling)” invoke method on the pane at any time you lose the initial “Scale Objects While Resizing” setting.  

I am writing some “pain” management api’s which allows the user to easily setup collapsible pane with splitters a button.  To completely collapse the pane you have to set the pane to no scaling and then reset the scaling setting to the original setting when expanded.  When you do this the “Scale Objects While Resizing” flag is reset to false.

If you manually (through the right click menu) set a control to not scale with the pane and then fit to pane it does not clear the “Scale Objects Wile Resizing”.  Am I missing something easy here?

I have attached a simple vi that shows the issue.  The vi is saved so the string in the top pane scales while resizing.  Run the vi and the string will still scale, but not while resizing.

Using LabVIEW 2011 (not SP1).  I am going to install and try out 2012 beta to see if I see the same issue.

Message 1 of 4
(3,039 Views)

Klessm,

Funny, many people in the community including myself have started down this very same path of trying to make things like this easier.

I have been gathering ideas and code and building tools that will compose an open source API and toolset called 'Morphine'

Morphine will help with pane management for both the development process and implementing extended features within a running application.

I'll check out your code and see what's up, but handling this kind of thing is exactly what we're going for.

Keep this thread up to date with any breakthroughs you have and I'll hopefully put a link up soon for my notes on Morphine.

Best of luck and fighting through the panes of UI development

Norm

~,~ 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,021 Views)
Norm,
I posted the api's on LAVA under the ui thread if u want to download and check them out. On my phone so would take awhile to get the link. I attended your mophine presentation at the cla summit and am very excited to see what it can become.

Api's are about three days old so they dont cover all use cases...would like to add movable banners with small arrow collapse buttons in the future. Use code / ideas if u can. Still stuck on the resize flag problem though.

Thanks,
Michael
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,019 Views)

Back on a real computer.

Here is the link to the LAVA post.

http://lavag.org/topic/15701-can-scale-objects-while-resizing-be-called-programatically/

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,016 Views)