LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select a VI error in S&V Assistant!

Hello, I'm trying to import LabVIEW VIs to Sound and Vibration Assistant. I used the tutorial which came with Sound and Vibration Assistant, But when I add the "Run LabVIEW 2015" step and choose the VI mentioned in tutorial, It appears that S&V can't recognize the vi, cause it keeps telling me "Please Select a VI" !

The vi name is: Limiter-LV2011.vi which appears to be a 2011 LV saved file, But I opened it in my 2015 LV and save it again and the error still happens.

I'm an amateur in LV (Actually i'm a second year undergrad student and the lab I'm working in asked me to find out how to use LV vi's in Sound and Vibration Assistant!) and any help will be REALLY APPRECIATED.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,341 Views)

Hello The_Noble6!

I have a few questions:

- Have you tried importing with an example VI or a Blank VI (without code)? Because some functions or code that you are loading do not exist or have some troubles working in S&V Assistant.

I attach a PDF with the instructions for import VI to S&V Assistant (page 7-1).

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371938d.pdf

Regards!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,294 Views)

Hello again The_Noble6!

I checked the tutorial (link that I posted before) and followed the instructions. I did the same guidelines that you made it. Software:

- LabVIEW 2015

- Sound and Vibration Assistant 2015

- Same file of Limiter-LV20011.vi. I opened the file in LV 2015 and saved as 2015 version. It did not matter if the file is opened or closed. 

My suggestion is that your file is corrupted or some magic ocurred. I attach the file in order to replace it. But I have some questions:

- What is the version of your Sound and Vibration Assistant?

- What is your OS specifications?

- Do you have other softwares running?

- Give more details that could be relevant information.

Regards!

PS. It doesn't matter the location of all the files. I made all combinations with the User step.seproj, Limiter-LV2011 and My Imported VI.

PS. At the beggining of the Assistant choose like I attach in the image.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,279 Views)