LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running while loops at the same time.

How can I run two while loops at the same time in the vi?  I am using the the Write and Start subVIs, and they don't work when I place them inside a while loop.  Then when I place them outside a while loop, I can't get both loops to run.  Also, how can I make the case structure update through the selector without using a while loop?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,896 Views)
You're going to need to post some code for more specific answers since your descriptions are too vague. For instance, this "Write" and "Start" subVIs are what?

In general, a while loop always runs at least once. The terminal in the bottom right indicates how to stop the loop. Two loop side-by-side with no wires going from one to the other means they will run in parallel. This is dataflow:

It sounds to me like you need to do some digging into that LabVIEW manual and go through the tutorials. This fundamental concept is explained in them.

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 05-10-2007 01:19 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,889 Views)
Your image link points to your C drive, thus we cannot see it.

In addition to the above comments, you should familiarize yourself with the concept of dataflow. Two while loops can only run in parallel if there is no data dependency between them. So for example if there is a wire exiting the fist loop and entering the second loop, the second loop cannot start until the first one has finished.

I don't udnerstand why you would want to update a case selector without a while loop.

Have a look at some of the shipping examples and tutorials to familiarize yourself with the basics of dataflow.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,868 Views)