cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining Last Value without a While loop

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using LabVIEW 2013. Attached is my VI. I am sending in a "Curr. TestPlan Row" random numbers at random times. I am wanting it to retain its last number whenever this VI is not being called, and then reset the value to it's new value whenever the VI is called again and a new number has been sent. Also attached is a screenshot of when the VI is called.

Please note, I cannot use a WHILE loop, so it has to retain its value a different way...

Thanks in advance for any help!

SM

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,202 Views)

Im not sure why you cant use a while loop, its possible to have a loop iterate one time and use a FGV. I attached a link for this.

You can also use a config file to do this.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-2143

-Matt
Message 2 of 7
(3,190 Views)

Matt,

I can't use a WHILE loop for several reasons. What about a FOR loop?

Thanks,
SM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,171 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sman29

Maybe a feedback node?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,169 Views)

There is nothing wrong with a while loop if it iterates only once and used as scaffold for an unititialized shift register. You can also use a globally initialized feedback node, which does not need a while loop.

This entire subVI makes no sense. This is just a continuation of your old thread, banging your head against the same concrete wall. You are digging yourself into a deeper hole again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,164 Views)

Kyle,

I think a Feedback Node is exactly what I was looking for! Now I just got to figure out how to implement it for my "Curr. TestPlan Row" number properly...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,151 Views)

Matt,

Could you elaborate on the config file? Such as the name of the function so I can look it up or something?

Thanks,
SM

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,135 Views)