LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing Data that has been acquired

I have created an automated board level test. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to program labview so that if a board needs to be retested the data that is acquired will be placed into the row where the original data has been placed the first time.

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,445 Views)

chirs73 wrote:

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to program labview so that if a board needs to be retested the data that is acquired will be placed into the row where the original data has been placed the first time.

Of course there is a way! 🙂

Of course we need a few more details on how you write the rows in the first place.

Typically, you would use "replace array subset", but the details really depend on your code.

Can you attach a simplified version of it?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,443 Views)
Here is the part of my program where I write into excel.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,439 Views)

Since you did not post any of your Excel code, it's still impossible to say.

Also, if you want my opinion, discarding data is something that is usually frowned upon in my experience and some industries require saving all results. I have always used the fail data as much as the pass data. I think it's essential to know that if something requires a retest, why it required a retest. It could be something flaky in the code and this is something you want to capture and fix. If could be a limit is tight and this is also something that you want to analyze. If you have a lot of retests, this is going to severely affect throughput. If you are expecting an average test time of 5 minutes and the average is higher because of retests, you are going to have to explain why x number of products did not get shipped in a day. I would also suggest that you adopt something more robust than an Excel spreadsheet. Any sort of database, even a cheap one like Access, is better, imho.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,419 Views)

Let me echo Dennis' comments concerning a database. There are many good resources out there that are (financially at least) free. Oracle and Microsoft have both released free versions of their respective enterprise-level packages that are free to use - even on commercial projects. In general, only limitations are the size of the data (4Gbyte) and processing (only runs on one core). Of the two I prefer Oracle's XE ( for eXpress Edition) product because it has better development tools - but both work well...

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,363 Views)