LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT Scan interface mode

hi guys 
i want to do a scan mode for a CompactRIO and my friend has not the hardware (cRIO) so i want to know if the Scan Mode requires the hardware or not and if it's possible to make a virtual cRIO plz help help help 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,115 Views)

Hello,

You can use a certain level of “simulation” capabilities…more like setting up off line devices as explained in Document ID: 3W6EFRLX.

Unfortunately in Scan mode these features won’t help much if you truly want to simulate the behavior of your program but if you only want to start building the application and preparing the VIs before getting the hardware then it should help you get started.

Also, you can try to work around the limitation by running your RT VI on the windows Host and the module related logic on FPGA with simulated IO.

I hope this helps

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,075 Views)

Hi Mohamed,

as long as you don't have the hardware available you could stick to your other threads (here, or here, or here) - all seem related to the same problem…

It would also be nice to give some feedbacks in all those threads. You just ask a question and never seem to come back to your threads…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,070 Views)