LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about communication with cy7c68013.

Dear All,
         I want to design a instrument of USB 2.0. I decide to use cy7c68013.
         The driver of it (ezusb.sys)has been downloaded. But I find that I must use some WIN32 function such as CreatFile(), DeviceIoControle() to communicate with it. I don't know how to do it. I only have done similar thing using call by function to call xxxxx.dll.
         Would you please give me some suggestion how to call WIN32 function in LabVIEW?
         Someone has told me that using VISA 3.0 also can control cy7c68013, but we don't know the details.
         Wait and thanks for your replay.
         Thanks

Hugo 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,101 Views)
The easiest way for an end user (LabVIEW or otherwise) to use a USB instrument is if it complies with USBTMC (USB Test & Measurment Class). With VISA, you also have the option of using USB RAW. Some information on that can be found here and here. With the Cypress EZ-USB, you could also write a dll based on the example programs you can get from Cypress. This actually the approach that was taken here for some custom instruments.
Message 2 of 6
(6,094 Views)
Thank you for your reply.
I want to use USBTMC under your suggestion. My instrument will receive a lot of data from PC, and send a few data to PC, does the class of USBTMC fit for?
Thank you very much!

hugo
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,084 Views)
After reading several messages on this site and searching every where else, with no luck, for a LabVIEW application that could load an Intel Hex file
into the Cypress CY7C68013 chip, and also be able to send/receive USB commands/data. I decided to make my own, and here is such application.

I hope it helps,

Francisco Vasquez,
Test Equipment Design
Beckman Coulter, Inc. 

Message 4 of 6
(5,773 Views)

Hi FAV,

i would like to know, if your hex file works ? i have some probleme to make the firmware.

thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,066 Views)

Have you succeed communicating with cy7c68013? Imeet  the same problem.

@FAV wrote:

After reading several messages on this site and searching every where else, with no luck, for a LabVIEW application that could load an Intel Hex file
into the Cypress CY7C68013 chip, and also be able to send/receive USB commands/data. I decided to make my own, and here is such application.

I hope it helps,

Francisco Vasquez,
Test Equipment Design
Beckman Coulter, Inc. 

@FAV wrote:

I hope it helps,

Francisco Vasquez,
Test Equipment Design
Beckman Coulter, Inc. 

@FAV wrote:

I hope it helps,

Francisco Vasquez,
Test Equipment Design
Beckman Coulter, Inc. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,076 Views)