LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in graphing a digital waveform

Hi, I have 2 very big digital waveforms (one contains about 900000 samples ( 0s and 1s) and teh other one 17000000) . I really have problem in graphing this waveform because it takes a lot of memroy and it is very dificult for me to pan or zoom in the waveform. In general the system becomes very slow and sometimes I need to reboot. Could you please help me on this. How can I free memory after rendering the graph or is there any way to fasten the process

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,031 Views)

@tintin_99 wrote:

Hi, I have 2 very big digital waveforms (one contains about 900000 samples ( 0s and 1s) and teh other one 17000000) . I really have problem in graphing this waveform because it takes a lot of memroy and it is very dificult for me to pan or zoom in the waveform. In general the system becomes very slow and sometimes I need to reboot. Could you please help me on this. How can I free memory after rendering the graph or is there any way to fasten the process

Thanks 

You have to be very careful to make as few copies of data as possible with huge datasets.  I'm not particularly good with that either, so hopefully someone can assist you in super-optimizing your code.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,028 Views)

Thanks billko for your tip. The code itself is not a big problem (although it is very important to also optimize the code). My main problem is when I want to render the graph on front panel, the system become very slow and I can hardly even move the mouse point. I hope someone can help me with that part. I am sure it is nor related to code because if I don't graph the digital signal everything is fine.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,022 Views)

You may need to change the code to display smaller portions of data. Either show every 10 or 100 samples (decimation), or only show the first 10% or the second 10%, etc.

Message 4 of 5
(2,016 Views)

Great Idea, I will do it.

However I may need to graph the whole data with other signals.   

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,010 Views)