LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pelco SDK

I am working on a project where I need to grab images from a Pelco IP Camera. It's a D5230P Sarix Spectra HD Pendant Dome camera. Using the Pelco SDK I am able to connect to the camera, grab its configuration information, IP address, name, etc. I am unable to get any image data from the camera. 

I followed the order of the setup in the C#.NET sample code when writing my LabVIEW code with the .NET libraries from LabVIEW. I used the methods called for in the examples written in C# and as I stated before, I can get basic camera information from the camera so I know I am connected to it.

The problem arises when I attemp to start a created stream and bind this stream to the HWND display method. 

I am getting an error 1172 which is pretty cryptic stating that there was an error in executing this node. When I put down a Stream Status method, I get the reading of "stream stopped"....ok, how do you start the stream, I have tried the "goto live" method, the "play forward" method, etc...all getting this same error. 

Has anyone else worked with a Pelco camera and used the SDK and LabVIEW .NET libraries to work with it? 

Thanks!

Steven Howell
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Certified Professional Instructor
Systems Developer
Optimation - Houston
steven.howell@optimation.us
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,221 Views)

I don't see any code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,217 Views)

I havent uploaded any yet. Having some issues with the SDK dll attaching properly for some reason.

Steven Howell
Systems Developer
Optimation - Houston
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,207 Views)

Also the C# example code.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,200 Views)

nyc thanks for your time,

Here is my code, along with the C# example code from the vendor. 

FYI the sample code from the vendor did not work on the customers machine either, just showed a black screen. I installed VS2010 Express C#.NET on the machine to test if I could grab images from the vendors example and no joy....didnt work.

Steven Howell
Systems Developer
Optimation - Houston
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,184 Views)

good afternoon nyc,

Have you  had a chance to review the code I posted? 

Steven Howell
Systems Developer
Optimation - Houston
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,114 Views)

Sorry about that.

For some reason I did not see your reply post.

I will take a look now.

Edit:

I would be a little concerned that the C# code is not working.

I also have VS 2010 C# Express, and the code was fine except that it was complaining about not having Pelco which is to be expected.

I would ask for their help to get that working; it is their code.

In your Get Panel Reference.vi. you are closing the reference immediately.

What happens if you wait to do that when your program closes?

I usually close references during the shutdown/cleanup step.

Edit #2:

In the C# program, try changing the project's Target Framework to .NET Framework 4 instead of .NET Framework 4 Client Profile.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,109 Views)