LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC server PLC

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to connect my PLC(Omron CP1E) to LabView through OPC server.

I selected the Omron Host Link as the driver and left the model name of PLC to Open. But in OPC quick client,only the tag value created by myself is UNKNOWN and the quality is BAD. Others, such as system variables, are updating their values and showing GOOD quality.

Please help me figure out how I may fix this problem.

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,978 Views)

Hi, 

Are you using NI-OPC Servers?  If so, have you gone through the configuration on the server side for the tages.  Once you have configured the tags on the server, you should be able to see them on the quick client.  Once we have the quick client working, then we can go to LabVIEW.

Take a look at the documentation for the OPC servers, you are using so that you can see the correct way to configure your system

If you are using NI-OPC Servers, than look here:  http://www.kepware.com/Support_Center/SupportDocuments/Help/servermain.pdf   on page 134.

Cheers,

Ryan

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,946 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have configured as you suggested. But the problem remains.

I have some screenshots attached. Please take a look. I look forward to your suggestions.

Thank you so much.

Wei

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,930 Views)

Few more shots

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,929 Views)

Thank you

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,928 Views)

Hi,

In working on your issue, I spoke with the Applications Engineer who has been working with you over email.  We found some documentation that says these PLCs have not been verified with our OPC servers.  At this point the support will continue exclusively through the email chain.  If you end up finding a solution, we would love for you to post your findings here.

Cheers,

Ryan

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,915 Views)

Hi, vivid2727

I meet a same problem.Have you solve the problem? I look forward to you suggestion.

Thank you very much!

Zhang

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,665 Views)

Hi Zhang,

It appears that the forum you are posting on has been inactive for close to a year and a half.  In order to ensure maximum visibility by our engineers and customers, as well as helping us separate issues for our database, we recommend that you create a new thread to post your question.  You are welcome to link this thread in your new post to better explain your issue and what is going on.

Nick

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,629 Views)

你好,这个问题我也遇到了。我的解决方法是,工控机和CP1E间用一个RS232转RS485的转接口就行了。

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,132 Views)