LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need example vi using AT commands for dialing the modem at the remote end

Can any one give example vi for dialing up a modem and sending data to remote end

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,322 Views)

Hi sindhu6,

Presuming that you are connected to your modem via a serial connection:

I did find a forum related to your enquiry: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/AT-commands-in-labview/td-p/1213335

And I did find an example from ni.com: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/2577

Basically, what you need to do is to find out what are the AT commands used for your modem and send the command over using VISA related functions (e.g. VISA Read VI). You can send the command in a sequantial method. You can do this by using the method found in the first link. The best would be that you can create a state machine where by each case/state will consists of commands that you need to run in a sequence (let's say a sequence of AT commands for sending a message via TCP/IP communication).

You can also use a sequence structure but I would not suggest that since you cannot stop the sequence half way and if your command is very long, this may look pretty messy for your code.

The main question is:

1. What is the version of your LabVIEW?
  2. What is the modem that you are using and how is your hardware setup is going to be (e.g. how did you communicate with your modem)? 

Thank you

Warmest regards,

Lennard.C

Learning new things everyday...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,239 Views)

Hi sindhu,

Basically you need serial communication. See you may get VI but as per your requirement you may not becasue baude rate and AT commands sequence will not be same. First read serial comm then do this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,234 Views)

Which modem you are using?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,232 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,196 Views)

They didnt give information about the type of modem they're gonna use,i just want a sample vi for this.

And i m using labview 8.6.

Thank u.. let me follow  you after contacting them..

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,188 Views)

If you don't know the type of modem, how do you know it uses AT commands?

There have been numerous discussions on modem communication. Have you done a search yourself? One example can be found here. There are others.

Modem communication is no different than other serial communication. You send a command, properly terminated and if the command is supposed to generate a response, you wait for the response by doing a read. I would suggest you do a debug of communication with a terminal emulation program such as Hyperterminal,Putty, Procomm, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,171 Views)