From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice please

Hi expert, i'm totally new to programming & labview...i need advice for my attached vi. my vi is only execute once when i push the while loop boolean button and the browse button for responsible string doesn't work if i put in inside a cluster.

Need advice please.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,419 Views)

Hello ijan,

can you please explain me what exactly does this VI do? what does the subvi "Dialog resp.vi " do? because I can not run the VI you've attached...

thank you very much, I am looking forward for you reply..

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,413 Views)

hi..thank you for your response. attached is the dialog resp.vi.

the main VI is used to record MOM into mysql database....i put all the field/string into a cluster. the dialog_resp.vi is used to fill the responsible field, its contain tree with multiple selection. my problem is i only can record once into mysql database & the browse button doesn't work if it inside a cluster.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,407 Views)

Please do not create multiple posts for the same topic. You were already being helped in your original post: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Record-string-indicator-to-mysql-database/m-p/1693688

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,403 Views)

Hello ijan,

At a first sight, I would suggest you to use Event Structure... that means that you could program in a way that when you will press a button (for example GO button) your application will add data into db.

If you don't want to rewrite your application, you could make a while loop that includes the loop where you have the tab control and the case structure so you will be able to add data into db more than once. In this case you should make a local variable for the STOP button so you will be able to stop all the loops at the same moment.

this would be my suggestion for your problem...

if you have question please post here and I will try to help you..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,397 Views)

Anybody can give me an example how can i filter mysql result using labsql? i want to filter mysql results based on certain value in the database.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,359 Views)