LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Sub VI NI_Database_API.lvlib: DB Tools open connection (path).vi in VI ...

Hi,
I have multiple number of VIs being called dynamically and I need a connection with the database. Everything is working fine in the development environment. I created an .exe Installer from these VIs and when I run it, it works fine until I try to go back to the main VI. When I try to go back to the main VI then it shows the error "Missing Sub VI NI_Database_API.lvlib: DB Tools open connection (path).vi in VI ...". 

It would not show this error if I run the exe file and go to other VIs from the main VI but it shows this error if I try to go back from the other VIs to the main VI.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,927 Views)

This is a shot in the dark so take it with a grain of salt.  I think the principle is right but maybe the details are wrong.  Smiley Very Happy

If you are calling subVIs dynamically that use the DB toolkit, unless you have Always Included those subVIs in your EXE build, the DB toolkit VIs are likely not added in the build.  However, if you have Labview loaded in memory when running the EXE, the DB VI's are also loaded in memory and are found by the exe and can be executed.  But I suspect that as soon as you close the dynamically-called subVI, that memory is cleared and the DB VIs are removed from memory and can't be found any longer. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,887 Views)