cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Usage of VxWorks - cRIO 9014

Solved!
Go to solution

@DailyDose wrote:

The image I attached in an earlier post shows the VIs in my Utilities pallet.  My list of VIs appears to be incomplete based on that link you posted.

😕

"Real-Time Module. This topic might not match its corresponding palette in LabVIEW depending on your operating system, licensed product(s), and target."

Is your RealTime version up-to-date?

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 11 of 15
(1,274 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DailyDose

So... I contacted NI Support.  Turns out, in order to see all RT VIs, you must be programming a VI under the RT target in the Project Explorer.  So, for future reference kiddos... learn from my mistake.  Right click Project; New; Targets and Devices; New Target or Device (assuming there is no existing target); Expand Real-Time CompactRIO; Select appropriate type.  Now make VIs under the target and all VIs will become available in the Pallette.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,250 Views)

haha, gosh I could have told you that. The compiler doesn't know what target you're on otherwise and the palettes change to match the target. Good stuff.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,245 Views)

Hey there, so with initial tests, the Memory VI available for RT doesn't appear to be the type of Memory I was thinking.  I made a very simple test.  I created a constant timed loop to measure the memory while writing to an indexed tunnel.  The idea, as the tunnel increases in data, it should allocate more memory.  I did not see any changes in the memory.  Is this VI not necessarily what I thought it was?  Just simply how much space is left on the target for more code? 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,170 Views)

From what I know, you can't view the buffer memory statistics on the cRIO. This seems to point to the System Manager being able to show you, but that's the only place I can find what it sounds like you're looking for.

RT Get CPU Loads can show you a bit of statistics regarding how bogged down your RT target is, but not the memory usage.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,161 Views)