LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX does not display 'Devices an Interfaces' option - Could not configure any device

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I am facing a weird issue. I have LV2009 SP1, MAX 4.6 & DAQ 8.9.5 installed in my PC. Note here that LV2009 SP1 comes with DAQ 9.0 & MAX 4.6.2. But for a project support I installed DAQ 8.9.5 & MAX 4.6.0.Now MAX shows only 'Software' and 'IVI Drivers' under My System and also lists 'Remote System'. But there is no listing of Devices and Interfaces. What might be the problem? When I upgraded to the DAQ 9.0, MAX was perfect. But I cannot use it for my project since the architecture in DAQ 9.0 is a lot different from older versions ( important one is that it requires a manual uninstall of the older DAQ versions before installing DAQ 9.0). That being said is it that DAQ 8.9.5 cannot be used with LV2009 SP1? Should I install some patch for it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Priyadarsini

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,710 Views)

LV2009 SP1, MAX 4.6 & DAQ 8.9.5  SHOULD play nice together.  I would guess at either a corrupted DAQmx install, a corrupted MAX database( See KB here), or ...... Did you install from disc or from a Ghost image?  there is a MAX bug that has issues installing from Ghost.

Also-Hit the old MAX>File>Create report.  chose "technical"  not only will this create something to send to an NI AE for investigation but OH WOW!.... it checks the activations on your machine and can fix issues with licenses.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,704 Views)

I do not get any error when I open MAX. Also I had 1 weird observation. MAX>>Software does not display DAQ although it is present when MAX>>Software>>Change/Remove Software (same as opening NI software from Control Panel>>Add or Remove components). What could be the cause of this behavior?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,688 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Priyadarsini

Sounds like a bad DAQmx install-  Try repairing the install

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,668 Views)

Thanks for your help. I first tried uninstall & reinstall of MAX & its dependencies (DAQ, LV). But still the error persisted. As a last try I uninstalled all the NI components & reinstalled LV 2009 SP1, DAQ 8.9.5 & MAX 4.6.2. Now MAX works as expected - able to configure a device. Per your suggestion I guess MAX install was corrupted. Anyways now it works & thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,633 Views)