LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX crashing in win98

Max 2.0.3.6 will load but when any boxes are expanded or menu options elected will crash with:
Nimax - This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.
Details:
NIMAX caused an invalid page fault in module NIMAXUI.DLL at 0167:lcc3d2ae

What is going on here? Where can I re-down load this version of MAX??? I couldnt find it anywhere...

Thanks!!!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,025 Views)
Hello,
I would like to get a little bit more information from you concerning this issue.
1)Has this system ever worked?
2)What other National Instruments software is on the computer?
3)Is there a particular reason you have to use MAX 2.0.3.6?
4)Are you logged in as an administrator on that computer when MAX crashes?

I can help you answer #3 if you answer #2.

Nicholas C
National Instruments
Applications Engineering
Message 2 of 14
(3,025 Views)
1) Yes system has worked in the past. This was a custom designed application.

2)Other NI soft:
NI IMAQ 2.5
NI LabView Run-Time Engine 5.1.1

3)No reason, this is what we have been working with after purchasing this system.

4)Yes

I would be able to reinstall windows 98 and entirely new versions of Labview, IMAQ, and MAX if need be. I was a bit confused where to find the MAX though since this is what seems to be crashing the system.

Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,025 Views)
There should be no reason to reinstall Windows 98, however, it sounds like MAX got corrupted somehow. MAX gets installed with either the IMAQ software or the LabVIEW run-time engine. Is this computer just used as a target to run an executable? Is that why only the Run-Time engine is on there and not a whole LabVIEW system? If this is the case, I am going to suggest uninstalling the 2 pieces of software mentioned and then reinstalling them with the same versions. This is assuming you have original copies of this software on hand.

Nicholas C
National Instruments
Applications Engineering
Message 4 of 14
(3,025 Views)
No we do not have the software on hand. This was installed in the past and the disks have been misplaced. Can I down load them from your site? If not can they be purchased?

Thanks again!

Ben LeDUC
bpleduc@bpleduc.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,025 Views)
Hi Ben,
I think I have a solution for you. I am going to ask if you can please install a newer version of NI-IMAQ. Version 2.6 works with Windows 98 and this will install MAX version 3.0 for you. Below is the link. Please post back the results.

http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/954feaeea92d90918625674b00658b83/50f6d6f1094a033586256d52006146e0?OpenDocument

Thanks,

Nicholas C
National Instruments
Applications Engineering
Message 6 of 14
(3,025 Views)
Ok, I'm making progress. Now MAX 3.0 is installed and running however my devices are not coming up. They include:
AT-MIO-16XE-50
IMAQ PCI-1411
The custom software we have gives the following error:
Error - 10401 occurred at CTR Control.
Possible reasons:

NI-DAQ LV: The specified device is not a National Instruments product, the driver does not support the device (for example, the driver was released before the device was supported), or the device has not been configured using Measurement & Automation Explorer.

I'm assuming my problem has to do with the devices not being in MAX. Please let me know how I can get these cards to come up in MAX. It may be that I need to reinstall the drivers? If so can you ple
ase point me in the right direction?

THANKS AGAIN!

BEN LEDUC
bpleduc@bpleduc.com
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,025 Views)
Seem to be making some more progress... I have the following:
NI-DAQ 6.1
Labview RT 7
NI - IMAQ 2.6
MAX 3.0

I was able to get the IMAQ card to come up in MAX. Then I found that since my card is old I have to use the NI-DAQ config tool using nidaqcfg /old

Things actually ran on the computer alone! With only one small glitch:
Error - 10242 occurred at Counter Group Config
Possible reasons:
NI-DAQ LV: The specified function is not located in the driver....

Could this error mean I need a newer version of NI-DAQ?

Thanks again!

BEN LEDUC
bpleduc@bpleduc.com
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,025 Views)
Hello Ben,
Please see this KnowledgeBase on the error you are getting. I am guessing it is being caused by a counter function missing from the DAQ library on your computer. Your AT-MIO-16-XE-50 is supported up to NI-DAQ 7.1 by the traditional driver. We have 2 choices here.

1. Since your computer already has NI-DAQ 6.1 and that use to work previously we can try reinstalling that driver. Here is a link to the download.
  2. We can download NI-DAQ 7.1 and try that. He
    re is a link to that download.

Please let me know the results.

Nicholas C
National Instruments
Applications Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,025 Views)
Thanks! I went ahead and upgraded to 7.1. This has gotten rid of the error!

However now I can use the MAX 3.02 to see my cards BUT when I test the AT-MIO-16XE-50 I keep getting either IRQ not found or DMA not found... I have removed the card removed the software and reinstalled the software and then reinstalled the card.

Maybe there is a trick I can try? I am going to hook up to the sensors and see if it will run even though I'm getting these errors.

Thanks in advance

BEN LeDUC
bpleduc@bpleduc.com
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,025 Views)