LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview crashing

Hi,
I had installed tkafg3k driver and then decided to remove it. When I ran Labview, it will always crash, with the message "Labview.exe has encountered a problem.....". I'm not sure what to do, I've tried reinstalling the driver but did not change the situation.

Will I have to reinstall? I'm quite reluctant to do that as I've got the NiScope-5102 card installed on it too.

Fun
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,558 Views)

Hi flai,

I've installed (unzipped the instrument driver file to the instr.lib folder) and uninstalled (deleted the tkafg3k folder in the instr.lib folder) the tkafg3k driver on LabVIEW 8.5.1 without any trouble.  I did both of these without LabVIEW running.

When you installed and removed the instrument driver, did you do it like myself by just adding and removing the zipped files from the instr.lib folder?  Does LabVIEW crash upon startup, when you try to use a program that calls VIs from the instrument driver, or when you're not doing anything in particular?

Regards,
Kevin S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Message 2 of 4
(2,517 Views)
Hi Kevin,
I had installed and removed the folders when Labview was not running. Labview now crashes even when I'm not doing anything. It will run and bring up the generic navigation dialog box and then crashes a few seconds later.

If i have to reinstall, will it affect the NiScope 5201 installation? Will I have to reinstall that too?

Cheers
Fun
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,484 Views)
Hi flai,

I've tried to do some research on the NI Scope 5201.  Is this an oscilloscope hardware card, or is this the version of the driver you downloaded?

The short answer would be, yes.  After completely reinstalling LabVIEW, you would want to reinstall any driver again.  Note that if you install the NI Device Driver cd, NI Scope is one of the drivers that you can install along with many of other common drivers (DAQmx, etc.)

Kevin S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,454 Views)