LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 6.0 and a Windows 7 OS?

Can LabView 6.0 be installed on a computer with a Windows 7 OS?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,867 Views)

I have installed LabVIEW 6.1 in Windows 7.  I didn't try building any applicaitons, or using any toolkits, I just installed it, opened it to see if it worked and then migrated to using virtual machines with Windows XP. 

That being said I don't think LabVIEW 6.x is supported in Windows 7 (I think there was a chart on NI.com somewhere that had supporeted OSs)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,848 Views)

@TSM1963 wrote:

Can LabView 6.0 be installed on a computer with a Windows 7 OS?

If you had done a search you would have seen that this question has been asked MANY times (i.e., installing older versions of LabVIEW on Windows 7). The answer is always the same: that version of LabVIEW is NOT supported on Windows 7. Some people have been able to install it, others have not. Whether or not it works properly is anybody's guess.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,842 Views)

Thanks Hooovahh for your message.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,832 Views)

Smercurio_fc,

I did do a search, but obviously my search criteria was flawed.

I'm new to the LabView forum and I apologize if I irritated you with my question. But I am still looking for someone that has done it and was successful doing it.

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,825 Views)

A safer procedure might be to first install Windows XP mode for windows 7 and install the old LabVIEW version there. (It is basically a virtual PC pre-configured with a full XP image that is automatically licensed as part of windows 7.)

Works great for many legacy products and programs. I can even run my old USB scanner that does not even have a driver for Vista or Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,788 Views)

We've also had success with using NI USB hardware in XP mode.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,741 Views)

Thanks Altenback for giving me a great alternative. I will try that.

Thanks again!!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,721 Views)