LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley 248 as voltage source and 2400 as current measurement

Hi?

I am just neophyte to labview and trying to make labview program which use Keithley 248 (high voltage supply) as voltage source and Keithley 2400 sourcemeter as current measurement unit. I have a little experience about writing IV program operated in a single machine, but this time I have to use two separat machines because I need to apply high voltage. After seeing continous error message from sourcemeter, I am wondering about is it possible to use Keithley 2400 as only current measurement unit with disabling voltage source? You know, sourcemeter offers voltage or current source and measures corresponding current or voltage. Otherwiser, do I have to use any current meter or ammeter? Please give me your answer.

Thank you. 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,637 Views)
It sounds like you are trying to control 2 GPIB devices.  You are able to do this by stacking the cables and essentially daisy chaining them together.  Drivers for both devices can be found on our Instrument Driver Network.

If your question is as to whether you will be able to perform your desired task with only one device, can you provide additional information about your task.  I'm sure the forum community will be very helpful if you are looking for insight into your design.
David_B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,600 Views)