From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any Way to find Which case is Executing in LabVIEW VI programmatically and Display it..

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there any Way to find Which case is Executing in LabVIEW VI programmatically and Display it..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,090 Views)

I wrote this a few years ago: http://lavag.org/files/file/199-state-machine-follower/

This JKI RCF Plugin sets the Visible Frame property of a Case Structure while the owning VI is running. Use it to follow the execution through the cases in your string-based State Machine/Sequencer when Execution Highlighting isn't fast enough (and, it's never fast enough).

The use-case I wrote this to improve is setting a Breakpoint on the Error wire coming out of the main Case Structure and probing the Case Selector terminal so I can float-probe wires during execution. The problem with this is that I had to manually select the current frame every time. This is boring, so I developed this plugin to automatically set the Visible Frame to the case most recently executed.

You might be able to adapt it to your needs.  The basic idea is that a custom probe on the wire to the Case structure's selection terminal sends a notification to a VI that displays the appropriate case.

We might be able to help you develop something easier if you'll give us more information.  Is it OK if the code to display the case is in the same VI?

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 2 of 6
(3,069 Views)

This is what I meant by my question.  This code will keep looping and displaying the visible frame.

Example_VI_BD.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 3 of 6
(3,061 Views)

Thank You for your timely response...How can I install that Plugin into LabVIEW 2013..I have downloaded it and using VI package Manager i am trying to Install it but it showing some errors,,Pls find attachment of that Error Pop Up

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,041 Views)

I'm sorry for taking so long, and for leading you down a bad path.  I forgot I had adapted this to work as a Quick Drop plugin.

Unzip the attachment into <LabVIEW 2013>\resource\dialog\QuickDrop\plugins.  Select the string wire leading into the Case selector terminal and invoke the quick-drop plugin with ctrl-space, ctrl-f, then run your program.

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,019 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hameedkdnl

I just now published the Quick Drop plugin here - https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-38903#comment-36562  There's more information on how to install/use it there.

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,018 Views)