LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface AC power source

I have recently bought an AC power source from LISUN GROUP (LSP-500VAR) as i tried interfacing it with labview the device was not responding but when i used the system given software( which is not on labview) it was working. It is communciating using Rs232.

Please help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(3,560 Views)
Does the manufacturer have a manual that tells you how to use it via RS232?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 23
(3,514 Views)

the manufacturer has given communication protocol for various operations.

The manufacturer has not provided any drivers for the device will that cause a problem in communication.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(3,509 Views)

Hi naman,

start with the "Basic Serial Read and Write" example VI coming with LabVIEW.

Send commands as described in your manual and check devices answers according to your manual…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(3,457 Views)

i tried the same, i am attaching the pic of the block diagram kindly let me know if there is error, the problem is the device is not responding or giving back data

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(3,455 Views)

Hi naman,

when the manual states "send byte 0x15" you need to send exactly that byte. Right now it seems you send 4 bytes "0", "x", "1", and "5" which is wrong!

Set your string constants to "hex display" mode and input the needed byte values then!

Setting a timeout of 1000s (or >16min) is also not recommended…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 6 of 23
(3,442 Views)

i tried the same but still no communication, will it play any role if we dont have the device drivers for the device as the company is not working in labview

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(3,439 Views)

Hi naman,

as long as you have a (good) programming manual you can write your own device driver VIs.

You only need to know the exact parameters of the communication protocol!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(3,434 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi naman,

when the manual states "send byte 0x15" you need to send exactly that byte. Right now it seems you send 4 bytes "0", "x", "1", and "5" which is wrong!

Set your string constants to "hex display" mode and input the needed byte values then!

Setting a timeout of 1000s (or >16min) is also not recommended…

I'm going to add that the "0x" isn't part of the code you should send.  That's just telling you that the following number is a hex number.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(3,415 Views)
Please attach the manual and an image of your current block diagram. You also need to make sure that the vendors software is not running.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(3,396 Views)