LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In MAX, the viRead using VISA TCP/IP (VXI-11) missing data

I'm using MAX to communicate with my Instrument via VISA TCP/IP Resources.  When issue command Read (viRead), the Input buffer or Parameter for VXI-11 (Device_ReadParms) require data member "flags" set to 0x80 (termchrset).  But this flags is zero (0).  Based on the VXI-11 Document "TCP/IP Instrument Protocol Specification" Revision 1.0, July 17, 1995.  Section B.5.3 (Operation Flags), page 22.  This flag should be set to 0x80 (termchrset) when a termination character is specified on a read. (the viRead passed termination character as 0xA (Line Feed).

Is there a work-around to add this flag when using MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,537 Views)
On the VISA test panel what do you have the property "Termination Char Enable" set to?  Try setting this property to true.  Does this change the value of "flags"? 

Where are you reading the value of "flags"?

Robert Mortensen
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,525 Views)

Yes, it works.

But the default for viRead has TermChar set to Line Feed (Other than NULL), if this default is used, then the TermCharEnable should also enabled by default automatically.

This flags send from VXI-11 Client via viRead that's using VXI-11 protocol, and I read this flags at the VXI-11 Server that I'm implementing.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,523 Views)