LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing WSDL from Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)

Hi Ben,

The messages are as mentioned by Reiry

1. The URL does not exist or the WSDL is bad 

2. Authentication is not correct     

3. Proxy information is not correct

The URL is correct coz I can access it if I remove the authentication, and now in the newly introduced "Authentication info" page, if I put proxy/username-password it says "Bad WSDL" and if I don't put those values, then it gives the above error message with 3 points.

The problem is that nothing was changed when I could do it in the past, and nothing has changed after that success. That's why I don't know why it gives this error.

Thanks!

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 27
(3,602 Views)
This was reported to R&D (# CAR 35788) for further investigation. Thanks for your additonal input.
National Instruments
RIO Embedded Hardware PSE

CompactRIO Developers Guide
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 27
(3,563 Views)

Hello!

Thank you for passing it to the R&D team. I hope to get atleast some idea about what is going on, either in my system or in LabVIEW.

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 27
(3,554 Views)

Hello,

I'm suffering form the same glitch.

Andrew is the CAR issue/ticket that you mentioned visible to NI customers? If so can I view the status of it?

A work around for this is to create your own .NET client.

If interested see thread:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=270831#M270831

Where some while ago I put an example on how to do that.

Cheers,

Maciej

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 27
(3,531 Views)

Hi Maciej,

Customers can check the status of a CAR by calling in to 1-800-ASK-MYNI (1-800-275-6964) and referring to the CAR identification number.

Regards,

Stephen S.

National Instruments
Applications Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 27
(3,512 Views)

This number is incorrect?  1-800-ASK-MYNI (1-800-275-6964) 

This connects me to some company that I believe they said was Red River Construction.  I asked the phone rep to verify the number and she repeated it back to me.

I have the same question as the above posters I believe.  

Can we get a straight answer on this from a rep?

Does LabVIEW support WCF web services (.svc extension)? 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 27
(3,438 Views)

Hi,

I've contacted my local NI representative so I can pass on what I have got form him about this.

The web-service import was done pre 3.0 .NET framework, and is not compliant with it. ( it was designed to work with ASP.NET )

The soonest modification possibility for the Web Service import is expected arround 2010 ( but that is tentative ).

I have used the svcutil.exe ( a microsoft WCF tool ). Created a .NET dll. And used it in my LV code. This works for me.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Maciej

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27
(3,421 Views)

Hi,

The number is actually 1-866-275-6964 or 1-866-ASK-MYNI . Sorry for the misinformation.

National Instruments
RIO Embedded Hardware PSE

CompactRIO Developers Guide
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 27
(3,413 Views)

Hi

i need a little help in using the  svcutil.exe workaround for this. this is what i have so far:

1. WCF service up and running
  2. run svcutil against the WSDL > config settings and proxy class code
  3. create a class library project in vs2008, add the proxy class and the config settings into the app.config file for the class library
  4. Add a public class which calls the proxy class, invokes the methods and returns the result.
  5. compile the dll.

This is all fine. The problem i cant seem to get past is that when i create a dll from the class library project there is no way to bundle up the config settings (endpoints, bindings etc) into the dll, so anything using this dll needs to have access to these config settings somwhow. In any VS2008 project i could just add them into the app.config / Web.Config. But i am a LV newbie and dont really undestand how i manage this in LV...or is there a way of compliing the setings into the dll that i haven't found?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

jamie

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 27
(3,190 Views)

Hello,

Jamiew.

Regarding .NET configuration files. They need to be in the same directory location as your application assembly.

The .NET configuration files are bundled with an application. In order to use a config file, you need an application in .NET, that usually means your *.exe file that contains the main method entry point.

I do not know why you would need a configuration file that goes with the client dll. The reason for that would be that the client .dll itself does not have an entry point.

Since the scvutil will generate a dll that doesn't have an entry point trying to use the configuration file here doesn't seem to be valid. Uless I'm missing something.

The configuraion file is aimed to configure your Web Service Server, not the client.

The svcutil is merely there to automatically generate the code for a .dll file that will be a part of your client application to your webservice an enable you to consume it.

In this thread I've put an example on how to consume a WCF web service via the scvutil generated client library please take a look at it maybe this will help you.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=420547#M420547

Cheers,

Maciej

PS. Man I edited this a lot of times ... ;] It's late.

Message Edited by Mac671 on 07-28-2009 04:10 PM
Message Edited by Mac671 on 07-28-2009 04:13 PM
Message Edited by Mac671 on 07-28-2009 04:15 PM

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 27
(3,178 Views)